To Our Valued Patients and the Kern County Community:
We are please to share that Golden Empire Managed Care, a Medical Group (GEMCare) will be part of the Dignity Health Medical Network (DHMN) starting in early 2018.
You may be already familiar with Dignity Health Medical Network. They're part of the Dignity Health family which includes Mercy and Memorial Hospitals and Dignity Health Medical Group - Bakersfield clinics.
What You Need to Know
There is Nothing You Need To Do
We want you to know first that there is nothing you need to do as a result of this announcement.
- Your health plan will not change and you do not need to choose a different health plan.
- You can continue to see your same primary and specialty care doctor and keep your existing appointments.
- GEMCare doctors will remain independent as they are now, remain at their current office locations, and keep their same phone numbers.
- You will continue have access to the same local customer service resources at the same location (Managed Care Systems, 4550 California Avenue, Suite 100 in Bakersfield) and phone number (661.716.7100).
- Our Comprehensive Care Center program will remain in place for qualified members.
New Name, Additional Quality Services
GEMCare affiliated physicians will operate as a part of Dignity Health Medical Network starting in January 2018. You may see us listed as either "GEMCare" or "Dignity Health Medical Network" depending on your insurance provider. Either name gives you access to our network and your provider of choice.
Everything you had with GEMCare will continue under Dignity Health Medical Network. We remain a network of local independent providers dedicated to serving the health needs of this community. Joining Dignity Health Network means that we will also have the opportunity to expand the services we offer, resulting in more integrated and affordable health care services as well as the possibility of additional health plan options in the future.
Your care remains our top priority through this transition. We are excited to move forward on this next chapter in our commitment to serving you and the Bakersfield community. If you have any questions, please see this Q&A  and don't hesitate to call your local GEMCare Customer Service Representatives at 661.716.7100.